Thursday, April 24, 2008

A blog? I don't have one!

So, here I am running sound for Maximum Impact at my church 12Stone Church and a guy named Dean comes up and chats about all things audio. We talked about the M7CL console in use, the Danley speaker cabinets, what I use the DCA's for, you name it.

And then, he asks if I have a blog. Well gee, I never thought of having one. Being a volunteer, the church doesn't yet have sharepoints for us to use, so the only alternative is to go create one on my own, offsite. I'd rather have a sharepoint for schedules and other information for my team, but that's another topic.

So, Dean, if you found me, you can thank yourself for inspiring me to get one going.

Anyway, I never put much thought into creating one or using the blog capabilities of my facebook login, strobelight.audio, for those interested, since my first thought is that a blog is time consuming. But then, I think, I only need to update it when I feel like it, when I might have the time. I figure, may as well have one, at least I can get things off my chest as issues crop up. "Issues?" you may ask; sure the Church isn't immune to people issues from within, I myself trying to come up with other audio team schedules, thoughts of a recent message, you name it.

So, for those of you who found this, welcome. For those team members reading, I trust this will be informative.

I don't claim to be the eloquent writer, so flames off as we used to say on newsgroups. But then, blogs aren't newsgroups. I suppose this is more of a one way treatise from me. Ha! Although, feel free to leave comments and such, with my approval, of course.

Thank you for your time,

Serving Him in sound reinforcement,

Ken

1 comment:

dmcoopknx said...

A very belated . . . you are welcome. Glad to see you on the blog world.